Metal Clay Felted Sheep
Join master artist, Sue McNenly, and learn how to create a herd of sweet, charming ewe that will fly into your heart with their precious wings and whimsical expressions!
You’ll learn various techniques such as hollowing solid forms to save on materials and felting simple shapes. Basic soldering of silver wire will be shown to allow for more flexibility of design. Explore different embellishments and alternate mediums to give each their own unique personality.
Notes: Any clay can be used, but this class covers only firing for silver clay.
Don’t miss this special presentation!!
Included in your purchase is a PDF with photos, notes and online resources plus a class video to watch as many times as you like.
No experience necessary.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
- Basic metal clay (rolling, shaping, cutting)
- Dry construction
- Basic silver wire soldering with paste
- Simple needle felting
- Balling silver wire
- Firing silver metal clay
- Hollowing clay
- Approx 12g silver metal clay
- Torch (small butane is fine)
- Paste solder (easy)
- Soldering surface (firebrick or kiln shelf)
- 16g Silver wire, approx. 4”
- 18g Silver wire, approx. 1”
- Sanding sponges and papers
- Wire cutters
- Non-stick mat
- Rolling spacers
- Silicone shapers for blending wet clay
- Silver blackener
- Razor blade
- White roving (or any desired colour)
- Thick foam
- Felting needle tool
- Bandaids ;)
- Digital scale
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.