Making Silkscreens for Polymer Clay using the Silhouette Studio Software
Watch polymer clay master artist, Mags Bonham, and learn how to, create with the Silhouette software, stencils to use in a variety of creative ways.
In this class you will learn how to make your own custom silkscreens for polymer clay using HTV (heat transfer vinyl). Then cut your stencils with either Silhouette or Cricut machines.
It is a surprisingly easy method that doesn’t involve emulsion fluid, UV lighting, or other messy methods. Mags will show how to create the best results using your own unique artwork, as well as how to create a multi-color silkscreen design. And learn how to use the Studio software to make repetitive patterns.
BONUS Learn how you can use the Silhouette Studio Software and the Silhouette Alta to create custom cutters to use with your silkscreen projects. .
Included in your purchase is a PDF with online resources plus a class video to watch as many times as you like.
No experience necessary.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
- Designing your own artwork for the best results
- Using Silhouette Studio software to replicate design elements to create complimentary screens in different scales
- How to silkscreen the designs on your polymer clay using different mediums
- Creating a multi-color silkscreen design
- Best tools and materials for creating your silkscreens
- Silhouette Studio Software: Designer Edition Plus or Business Edition
- Silhouette or Cricut
- Organza fabric
- Siser EasyWeed HTV
- Weeding Tool
- Teflon Sheets
- Iron, Cricut Easy Press, or small heat press
- Heavy body acrylic paint
- Pearlex powders/embossing powders
- Pan pastels
- Polymer clay
- Silhouette Alta or Alta Plus and filament (optional)
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.