Creating Crepe Paper Flowers
Watch Silhouette cutting machine guru, Kelly Wayment, and learn how to create stunning paper flowers to use in a wreath or add stems and use in a vase.
Kelly will show you step-by-step how to use the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition software to set up your files for a perfect template cut. Watch and learn Kelly’s tips on how to cut multiple layers of crepe paper with scissors or see how to use the new Silhouette Cameo 4 rotary wheel tool designed for cutting crepe paper.
Then watch and learn professional techniques for shaping and assembling your cut pieces into stunning and realistic flowers. Included with the class purchase are SVG files of the exclusive flower designs Kelly has created just for this class.
Watch from start to finish how to create anemones, ranunculus, leaves, and filler flowers, adding accent colors in a variety of ways.
Whether you use your flowers to create a wreath or add stems for other arrangement ideas, you will love the colors and possibilities of creating your own flower arrangement showstoppers.
Included with this class are the SVG files Kelly uses to create her flowers.
Included in your purchase is a PDF with photos, notes, and online resources plus a class video to watch as many times as you like.
No experience necessary.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
- Cutting crepe paper with Silhouette Cameo® 4
- Shaping and assembling crepe paper flowers (designs exclusive to this class)
- Cardstock flower cutting, shaping, and assembly
- Options for adding color to crepe paper and cardstock
- Arranging paper flower wreath
- Alternative paper flower arrangement ideas
- Start-to-finish flowers include anemone, ranunculus, leaves, and filler flowers
- Silhouette Cameo® 4 and cutting mat
- Rotary blade for Cameo 4
- Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition software
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine crepe paper
- Paper-wrapped floral wire (18-26 gauge)
- White cardstock (medium to heavy weight)
- Sharp scissors
- Round-nose or needle-nose pliers
- Wire cutter
- White craft glue
- Hot glue gun (low temp)
- Spatula tool
- Scraper tool or other flat shaping tool
- Brayer (cardboard vinyl tube is fine)
- Iron (no steam)
- Silhouette Cameo® cutting mat
- 12” grapevine wreath (optional)
- 15 mm (approx. 1/2”) foam ball
- 3/16” (outer diameter) flexible tubing
- Alcohol ink markers
- Chalk pastels and/or inkpad
- Paintbrush and/or makeup sponge
- Green floral tape
- Pinking shears
- Needle-tip glue applicator
- Spray bottle with water
Included with the video download, a PDF with notes and all the resources you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.