Whimsical Wire Weaves: How to successfully weave wire jewelry
Watch the close-up videos and learn, as Ms. Dawn Blair reveals the techniques she uses to create her spectacular woven wire jewelry.
Dawn gives detailed instruction on how to create a show stopper pendant using wire plus a stone of your choice. Follow along step-by-step with the construction methods, plus learn what materials and tools are need to create your own masterpiece.
Several other wire weaving techniques, both with beads and without, are covered, PLUS how to cope with the most common hang-ups and pitfalls of weaving with wire, including what to do with those pesky wire ends.
Don't miss out on this exciting class and learn how to create unique one of a kind pieces with inexpensive wire and stones.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- About wire- Not all wire is created equal
- Testing your wire
- Tools and cost.
- Patterns and wraps
- Choosing the right stone to fit
- Standards in craftsmanship vs. difficulty in design.
- Troubleshooting kinks and gouges
- How to minimize waste while you are learning
- Creativity and confidence
- Chain nose pliers,
- Flush cutters,
- Bent nose pliers,
- Blue painter's tape
- A cabochon with no sharp corners,
- 3 or 4 mm bicone crystal beads,
- 20 gauge round "Smoky Quartz" Parawire (copper core, enameled),
- 26 or 28 ga. non-tarnish enameled copper wire, Parawire or Artistic Wire
Included with the download is a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.