Warm Connections: Combining Polymer and Metal Clay with Patrik Kusek (Part 2)
Patrik Kusek , certified metal clay artist, shows you inventive and unique ways to connect Polymer Clay to Metal Clay using “warm” connections.
Learn to add polymer clay easily to your metal clay ideas. Expand your artistic skills, and learn ways to save money by using less metal clay without losing your creative expression.
This is the second part of a two part class.
Classes are sold separately.
Patrik's unique vision for his jewelry designs have won praise from jewelry collectors internationally. His experience in the worlds of design and fashion helped shape his creative vision and brand. He is a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising and The Academy of Art University. He worked as a Fashion Stylist at Macy's San Francisco and was the owner and Creative Director of Wallop Design Group, a graphic design and branding company.
He currently is able to pursue his passion as a jewelry artist and instructor. He teaches metal clay workshops internationally. He is one of 9 senior instructors for Rio Grande and teaches PMC certification workshops nation wide. He was a featured artist on HGTV's "That's Clever." Patrik's work has been published in numerous books and publications. He is also the recipient of the 2007 Saul Bell Award 1st place in PMC. He is author of Woodland Chic: Metal Clay Jewelry as Nature Intended. Patrik was recently featured in Ornament Magazine.
- See inspiring work from the top people in the field of polymer clay
- Learn the basic polymer clay skills to get you started
- How-to make a polymer clay "plug" to create a combination pendant
- How-To build a variety of “secret fasteners”
- Step By Step instructions on creating a polymer clay “Mokume Gane gem”
- How-To instructions on adding "Gold Leaf"
- Step By Step instructions on how-to build a double sided pendant
- Finishing tips and techniques
Included is a class handout with all the information you need to get started.