The Unhinged Locket from Metal Clays
Join master metal clay artist Hadar Jacobson and learn to make an unhinged locket from metal clays.
Included in your purchase is a PDF with photos, notes and online resources, PLUS the class video to watch as many times as you like.
Lockets are a popular and lovely object and this one is unique with it’s special way of opening without a hinge involved.
Hadar starts with an overview of clay choices from her own line of unique colored metal clays.
Follow along as Ms. Jacobson shows step-by-step how to construct the locket frame, top and bottoms.
Then watch and learn how you can create a closure mechanism that will fit tight but still able to turn and remove, plus how to add Hadar’s Patterns of Color to make a piece that stands out.
Also covered firing and finishing information so you can complete a beautiful unhinged locket of your own.
Don’t miss this special presentation!!
No experience necessary.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
- clay choices
- creating the frame
- making a flange
- creating with many clay colors
- building a closure mechanism
- small metal bowl
- kitchen/cheese knife of spatula
- Distilled or filtered water in a small spray bottle
- olive oil
- 3 small plastic boxes with a lid for storage
- One-fire Brilliant Bronze, One-fire Copper, One-fire Pearl Grey Steel
- rolling pin
- playing cards or measuring slats
- water and paintbrush
- X-acto knife or scalpel
- Teflon paper or oven liner
- warming pan
- sponge sanding pad, 150 grit
- 3 circle cutters, 12mm, 15mm and 25mm
- nail grinder/micro engraver
- set of diamond burrs
- clay extruder and discs
- carbon, coconut, CC/Core
- finishing tools
- Baldwin’s Patina
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.