Trompe L’Oeil Polymer Clay Beads
Watch award-winning master polymer clay artist Sarah Shriver and learn to create polymer beads with a trompe l’oeil 3D effect.
It’s easy to fool the eye when you know how to create patterns of light and shadow. Sarah shows you step-by-step how to achieve this look with skinner blends that use tints and shades to create the 3-D illusion.
Ms. S will shares her tips and tricks for construction of several different bead shapes that work well highlighting the effects of this caning technique.
Learn this creative technique from one of the top polymer clay instructors, adding to your polymer clay skill set.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
No experience necessary.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.
- Tips and inspiration for developing a color palette
- Color mixing base colors
- Creating skinner blends using tints and shades
- Step-by-step construction of “tromp l’oeil” cane
- Construction of several bead shapes that highlight the effect
- 1-2 ounces of 2-4 colors of polymer clay
- small pieces of other colors, (i.e. complimentary colors)
- 1 ounce white polymer clay
- 1 ounce black polymer clay
- pasta machine
- 5 inch cutting blade
- acrylic roller
- work surface
- Water soluble color pencils
- water color paper
- small paint brush
Included in your purchase is the FULL recording of the entire LIVE class, plus a PDF with photos, notes and online resources.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.