Stud, Rivet, Grommet, and Bezel: Leather Bracelets with Jill L. Erickson
Watch multi media artist Ms. Jill Erickson and learn how to work with leather and create jewelry incorporating rivets, grommets, caps, studs and some bling.
See how easily you can take leather scraps and create a unique one of a kind bracelet or belt. Plus Jill shows you how to make a leather bezel so you show off all those fabulous found objects you’ve been collecting. Watch close-up and learn to rivet, grommet and design with studs plus the exact tools you need for successful results.
And all you polymer and metal clay artists, you are going to love seeing how you can incorporate some of your favorite little treasures into a sensational leather bracelet. Jill shares with you lots of tips and tricks plus her personal online resource for leather scraps and tools.
No skills are needed to start exploring this exciting medium of leather.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- Selecting and cutting leather
- Using a rotary punch
- Setting rivets
- Setting snaps
- Belt Making
- Incorporating pre-fab components, found objects, and your own hand-made embellishments
- Discussion and examples of buckle closures and alternative designs
- Utility Knife/X-acto knife
- Rotary Leather Punch (also available at many craft and hobby stores)
- Craftool Snap-all & Rivet Setter (all-in-one kit that sets both rivets and snaps)
- Line Snaps
- Leather Scraps Self-healing cutting mat
- Metal straight edge
NOTE: Thrift stores are an economical source for leather jackets, purses, and belts that can be deconstructed and used to make bracelets!
Included a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resource links you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.