Starry Night Journal Cover
Join Shelly Stokes, founder of Cedar Canyon Textiles and learn how to create a custom fabric journal cover using Renegade Stencils and Shiva Artist’s Paintstiks.
Shelly wrote THE book on techniques, Paintstiks on Fabric, and in this class she shares her tips and techniques for achieving stunning colorful effects. If you use the Silhouette machines, you will love learning how to create a stencil using the Silhouette software to design and cut your own stencil. Then watch step-by-step how to transfer your stencil to fabric, color your design using shading techniques and finish with creating a custom journal cover.
Shelly will reveal why Renegade Stencils are so exciting plus how to choose the right fabric for a successful project every time.
This is a fun technique you’ll love learning. Get ready to be inspired to all the creative possibilities.
Included for FREE with the class purchase is the design file used during class designed by Ms. Stokes. For people without a cutting machine a simplified design file to trace and cut by hand is also included.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
No experience necessary.
- Why Renegade Stencils are so exciting
- Using Shiva Artist’s Paintstiks on fabric
- Design considerations
- Cutting tips
- Choosing the right fabric
- Transferring Renegade Stencils to fabric
- Extreme Stenciling
- Shading Paintstik colors
- Heat setting
- Stabilizing fabric for journal cover
- Silhouette Software Version 4.1
- Silhouette Cameo or Portrait
- Permanent Vinyl
- Ratchet Blade or AutoBlade
- Light-weight Stabilizer
- Shiva Artist's Paintstiks
- Composition Book or the Journal of your choice
- Sewing Machine (optional)
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.