Simple Silhouette Curio Earrings using Metal Clay and Resin
Watch metal clay master instructor, JJ Singh, and learn how to create delicate floral transparent earrings metal clay earrings.
Utilizing the etching and cutting precision of the Curio, JJ will teach you how to create perfect earring bezels every time. Follow along and learn the ins and outs needed to create precision cuts with the Silhouette software. This is a great project if you have wanted to start using your Curio to cut metal clay.
Then learn how to quickly dehydrate your own flowers using the Micro-Fleur flower press. (There is a DIY hack for those without the press!)
Learn tips and tricks for using Magic Gloss to layer dried flowers, and glass glitter into gorgeous earrings, bracelets, and more.
*BONUS* JJ will demonstrate how to use your leftover pearls and scrap precious metal to create gorgeous, one of a kind, “Chanel” inspired bangle bracelets using two part epoxy resin.
You’ll want to make more than one!
Included in your purchase is a PDF with notes and online resources plus a class video to watch as many times as you like.
No experience necessary.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
- Designing bezels in Silhouette software
- Cutting, etching, and finishing bezels
- Using the Microfleur to quickly dry and preserve flowers
- DIY hacks for drying flowers quickly without the Microfleur
- Sketching and planning your designs
- Layering elements using Magic Gloss
- Finishing the reverse side of the earrings
- Using glass shards with Magic Gloss
- Attaching earring backs
- Intro to molds for resin
- Design and layout of “Chanel” bangle bracelets
- Using 2 part epoxy with molds
- Sanding and finishing resin jewelry
- Curio & Silhouette software (Business edition recommended)
- 50g pkg flexible metal clay (EZ960 recommended)
- Ultraviolet light (such as an acrylic gel nail curing light)
- Heat gun
- Magic Gloss
- Microfleur flower press
- Glass glitter shards
- Tissue Blade
- Protecto film
- Chomas etchers
- Curio cutting blade
- Sanding tools
- Round file
- Brass brush or tumbler for finishing
- Patina of your choice (liver of sulfur, black max, etc)
- Acrylic block
- Packing tape
- Flat earring backs
Supplies for bonus:
- Bangle bracelet silicon mold
- Release agent
- Pearls, stones, chain, wire (leftovers)
- Art Resin 2-part epoxy
- Mixing bowl or silicone mixing cup
- Wooden mixing stick
- Heat gun
- Wet / dry sandpaper
- Resin spray
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.