Realistic Photo Etching with your Silhouette
Join Silhouette expert, Ms. Kay Hall, and learn how you can use your Silhouette machine to create realistic photo etchings on acrylic and metal sheet.
Kay show you step-by-step all of the tricks and tips she has developed to get a great result.
Starting with what type of photo works best and ending with a mounted acrylic or metal sheet etching you’ll be proud to display.
Watch as Ms. Hall shows the exact steps for creating a perfect etching file from your photo using the Silhouette Studio Designer Software.
Plus, Kay shares all her tricks and tips for custom settings, layering and a special “sketch tool hack” she has perfected that will give you that realistic detailed look in your etching.
Included with the class purchase are 5 Bonus Videos that include: Choosing the Right Photo, Creating Custom Settings, Photos to Lines, Refining the Etch Settings. And for those of you how have a Cameo, Etching with the Cameo using Silhouette Etching Metal.
PLUS Kay has included her preflight check lists which will save you making errors and some SVG files including templates for both the Cameo and Curio and a test blank file so you can get started right away.
Included in your purchase is a PDF with photos, notes and online resources plus a class video to watch as many times as you like.
No experience necessary.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
Length: 68 Minutes (including 27 minutes of Bonus material!)
- Picking a good photo to etch
- Using Silhouette Studio Designer Edition Software
- Creating Etching Files
- Making Custom Silhouette Settings
- Etching with Silhouette Cameo, Curio and Portrait Machines
- Silhouette Curio machine, including base, platform set and mat in good condition
- Silhouette Studio Designer Edition or above
- Curio Etching Tool (or other Curio compatible etching tool)
- Craft Chameleon 4 x 6" 4 hole rectangular acrylic blank, ~ 3mm thick
- High tack double-sided tape
- Small, soft, firm artist’s brush
- Pacon ProtectoFilm™ (optional)
- Finished wooden base, 4 x 6" to 5 x 7", black
- 4 decorative nails (included with Craft Chameleon etching blanks)
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.
PLUS 27 minutes of Bonus videos!
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.