Put a Lid On It
Another fabulous class with internationally known metal clay artist Ms. Donna Penoyer. Donna shares her expertise on how to make exquisite, unique boxes in metal clay.
Ms. Penoyer will take you step-by-step to create this special box pendant, designed exclusively for her CRAFTCAST fans, and show you all the tricks and tips you need to know to make your own box pendant.
Learn ways to texture and embellish your metal clay box and discover how to get a "friction" fit top
See the tips and tricks you need to create your own unique metal clay box
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to make a metal clay box from start to finish
- Tips and tricks for creating round boxes to complex shapes, with well-fitting, removable lids
- How to make strong corners that line up
- Precise building and firing strategies for a snug, friction fit
- How to make your surface design look seamless
- PLUS, unique texture inspirations, finishing techniques, and how to complete your piece with a professional look.
- I prefer PMC3 and PMC Sheet
- PVC roller
- Playing cards
- Needle tool
- X-Acto knife and cutting mat
- Slicing/tissue blade
- Small spatula tool for mixing sticky clay “spackle”
- Teflon sheets
- Misc. texture tools (ball burnisher, pen and mechanical pencil tips,silicone-tipped tool, etc.)
- Very fine round brush
- 1/8”-1/4” flat brush
- Fluffy dusting brush
- Silicone rubber-tipped “Colour Shaper” or “Clay Shaper” (cone/taper point)
- Sandpaper, 280- and 400-grit
- Superfine and Ultrafine 3M sanding sponges
- Small drill bits
- Linoleum cutters/Dockyard tools
- PVC pipe, 7/8” OD and 1 3//8” OD
- Acrylic sheets for rolling snakes
- Needle files—I prefer diamond files
- Teardrop- or heart-shaped brass cutter, 7/16’W X 9/16”L
- Circle templates
Included is a class handout filled with notes and all the resource information you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.