Mixed Metal Pendant: Learn to Create and Inlay a Copper Design in Fine Silver Metal Clay
Join Art Clay instructor, Ms.Paula Beckett, and learn how to create a fine silver metal clay pendant with a copper inlay!
Mixing metals is a very popular technique, but can be confusing as to which metal clays to use how to combine.
Paula shares with you her formula.
Watch Ms. Beckett take you step-by-step on how to create a silver base pendant to support your inlay, with all the tips you need for a successful outcome. Then watch and learn how to prepare the copper clay for a beautiful inlay finish.
Ms. Beckett shares her tried and true techniques for avoiding and repairing any problems along the way.
Then see how to create a professional finish complete with using Baldwin patina.
Adding a unique copper inlay design is a fun way to take your metal clay jewelry skills to another level.
Included in your purchase is a PDF with photos, notes and online resources plus a class video to watch as many times as you like.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included. Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet and contains a full list of supplies needed.
- Preparing fine silver base; thickness and curvature
- Securing copper inlay
- Firing inlay
- Minimizing repairs post firing
- Fabricating and securing bale
- Recognizing stages of firing
- Sanding and first fire to check
- Making proper repairs
- Professional finishing techniques
- Applying Baldwin Patina
- Art Clay Silver
- Art Clay Copper
- Painter’s pallet
- Cake decorating half round armature
- Baldwin Patina
- Mask for sanding
- Spackle tool
- Templates for the hand carved design
- Tooth picks
- Clay pick
- Deep texture simple texture plates with walls that are straight up and down
- Glardon Vallorbe square escapement file Swiss made #4
- Carving tools
- Rotary tool for polishing
- Raw series silicone carbide wheels red and white
- AdvantEdge blue then pink polishing wheel
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.