Metal Clay Quilligree
Join master metal clay artist Tracey Spurgin and learn a wonderful new metal clay technique called Quilligree!
Quilling techniques have been around for hundreds of years. It’s the simple art of rolling, coiling, twisting and shaping strips of paper to embellish a variety of objects and home furnishings.
Recently the paper crafting community has embraced this art to decorate cards, scrapbook pages and other ephemera.
Now, Ms. Tracey Spurgin will show you the possibilities with metal clay! New metal clay formulas make it easier than ever to create using the skills of paper quilling.
Tracey will show you step-by-step how to adapt these techniques to metal clay creating original keepsake jewelry you’ll love to wear. Learn how to create the look of filigree by using Tracey’s method of “Quilligree”.
Watch Tracey as she gives you an inspiring view into the options and process of creating these fanciful silver pieces of jewelry.
Plus Tracey will take questions from participants during the LIVE Q & A.
Don’t miss this special presentation.
The full recording to stream or download and a PDF handout is included.
No experience necessary.
- selecting your preferred product
- creating clay sheets and strips
- creating coils, with the many options
- adding decorative elements
- polishing and finishing techniques
- **During this class I’ll show you the options on using both Art Clay or PMC branded products.**
- Art Clay paper type
- Or PMC flex. & PMC sterling
- Slip pot
- fireable gem stone of your choice
- Basic Metal clay tool kit: Work surface, Roller, Spacers or cards,Tissue blade, Badger balm
- Rubber tip tool
- Water brush
- Small sharp scissors
- Craft knife
- Pointed tweezers
- Rubber block
- Sanding grits
- Steel rule
- Mini tube cutters
- Cling wrap
- Graph paper
- Tracing paper
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.
Please note: PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.