Metal Clay Hinged Earrings
Learn from master crafter Lis-el Crowley how-to to fabricate these stunning metal clay hinged earrings complete with some cubic zirconia bling!
Lis-el has developed a new approach to making hinges that is far simpler than many of the techniques being used in metal clay at this time. Using hinges in these earrings will lay the foundation for you to begin incorporating them into your work in your own creative way.
Watch and learn how Ms. Crowley uses scratch foam to create a unique design, and then how to set small faceted stones which will be fired in place.
Suitable for intermediate to advanced students, this workshop will cover the following:
- Initial design of piece including hinge and stone placement
- Best practices for setting and firing small faceted gemstones
- Best practices for using scratch foam to create your own textures
- Creating and attaching hinge knuckles
- Firing, finishing and assembling the earrings, including creating hinge pins out of sterling silver wire.
PLUS, 2 bonus demonstrations are included!
First, learn to use a pen plater and add a gold plated edging to your piece or see how to add alcohol inks to resin and give your piece a "faux transparent enamel" look.
Included in your purchase is a PDF with photos, notes and online resources plus a class video to watch as many times as you like.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
- Scratch Foam carving
- Creating hollow tubes in metal clay
- Fabricating hinges and attaching
- Setting small cubic zirconias
- Proper firing
- Hinge assembly
- Finishing techniques
- Gold pen plating
- Scratch foam
- Fine silver metal clay
- Fine silver wire, 20 gauge and 18 gauge
- Small cubic zirconias
- Pen and plating solution
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.