Metal Clay Boot Camp: The ABC’s and XYZ’s (Day 1)
Attention everyone who wants to learn about Metal Clay but doesn’t know where to start! This is the place!
Join me master metal clay crafter Lora Hart for our first every Metal Clay Bootcamp!!!
Over a 3 session period, Lora will start with the basics ABC’s and end with some advanced moves. Sign up for sessions individually or take them all. (Purchasing this class is for day 1 video only. Links below to the other two classes in the Bootcamp!)
This class, Day 1, will start with making your own thickness spacers, pin tool, and hydrating container, then move on to everything you need to know for rolling, texturing, layering and finishing your pieces.
PLUS Ms. Lora will show you how you can make these adorable little silver charms.
This is the perfect class to check out the metal clay medium. Learn all the basics plus some new fun skills for those who want to learn more possibilities!
A BONUS video includes Lora showing you how to torch fire your metal clay piece.
Don’t miss this special presentation!!
Included in your purchase is a PDF with photos, notes and online resources plus a class video to watch as many times as you like.
Purchasing this class is for Day 1 only. No experience necessary.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
- Tool Choices
- Choosing Work Surfaces
- Appropriate Thickness Goals
- Reduction Rolling to Ensure Excellent Texture Transfer
- One and Two sided Texturing
- Using Shape Templates and Cutters
- Layering and Appliques
- Joining Fresh Clay to Fresh Clay
- Joining Dry Clay to Fresh Clay
- Joining Dry Clay to Dry Clay
- Making Slip
- Sanding and Finishing
- Making holes with Jewelers Cocktail Straws Twist Drill Bits or Exacto Blade
- Butane Torch Firing Demo
- Clay Care Including ‘Flatten and Fold’ Rehydrating and Storage
- Repairs and reinforcing
- Fine Silver clay of your choice
- Watercolor Brush and water container
- Either: Olive oil, Badger Balm, Burt’s Bees or other lubricant
- Plastic Wrap
- Cocktail Straw
- Butane Torch
- Jewelers Brass Brush or 0000 Steel Wool
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.