Learn to Solder and Create Chains from Silver
Learn from author and jewelry artist, Jennifer Chin, how to solder and make stunning silver chains in this video.
Ms. Chin demoes the soldering and fabricating techniques you need to know to create two unique chain patterns, plus the how-to for making a pair of stylish modern earrings.
Jen breaks down all the steps, making it easy to follow along with the video. You also receive a PDF of class notes filled with all the materials and info you need to get started.
Whether you’ve been wanting to add soldering to your creative repertoire or want to pick up some tips from a pro, this video is for you.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- tools and supplies needed
- safety and setup
- picking the right solder
- Soldering techniques
- Learn to make perfect jumprings everytime
- Secrets for fabricating a beautiful chain.
- Fabricate this beautiful twist chain.
- Learn an interesting technique to create a modern take on hoops earrings.
- See Jen's secrets for fabricating a beautiful chain.
- 6mm and 2 mm heavy wall round tubing
- 22 gauge round wire
- 16 gauge round wire
- 12 gauge square wire
- 8 gauge round wire
- 24 gauge sterling strip strip - 4.76 mm x 3 mm x 1mm thick
- 19 gauge round wire
- bracelet mandrel
- ring mandrel
- ball peen hammer
- ear protection
- liver of sulphur
Included is a class handout filled with photos, notes and all the resource information you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.