Learn to Make this Two Little Birds Polymer Clay Pendant
Watch award winning polymer clay artist, Loretta Lam, and learn how she creates her “Little Birds Pendant," inspired by birds on a phone line!
“This particular visual inspiration shows up in my work over and over. This time around it’s just two birds huddled together. Simple and sweet.”
Loretta shares how she creates her exquisite color palettes, creating harmonious color, pattern, texture and design.
Discover Ms. Lam’ s techniques for mixing and matching polymer canes and blends, as well as step-by-step instruction for successful layering of design elements.
Ms. Lam completes the project by sharing her tips on how to bake and finish polymer beads you’ll be thrilled to wear!
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn some new polymer techniques and expand your skill set, plus have fun making this beautiful pendant!
No experience necessary.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- Hand-forming base beads from Sculpey Ultralight
- Making the best selection from among your canes and blends
- Step-by-step layering of design elements
- Finishing tips
- Wire work basics to create the “branch” for your birds
- Basic polymer clay hand tools
- Pasta machine
- Clean smooth work surface ceramic tile, glass, etc.
- Acrylic rod or brayer
- Clay or tissue blades - including one old blade for chopping
- Needle tool
- Small drill bits 1/16”, 3/8”, 1/4”
- Ceramic tile 3x3” or 2x4” wrapped in polyester batting
- A pile of scrap clay
- Sculpey Ultralight
- Liquid Polymer Clay
- Sheets of your favorite colors pre-conditioned
- A selection of your favorite canes, mokumé stacks and blends to choose from
- Wet/Dry sandpaper 180, 320, 400, 600
- Optional: Clear Shoe Polish or Paste Wax and terrycloth for buffing
- 2.5 mm Ball Chain – about 28”
- 16 gauge Copper wire to oxidize or choose a color to match ball chain
- Flush Cutters
- Forming Pliers – one round jaw, one flat
- Crimping Pliers
- Optional: Cup Bur
Included in your purchase is a PDF with links to tools, supplies and online resources.