Learn to Make Sterling Clay Dome Rings
Watch innovator and master instructor, Ms. Hattie Sanderson, and learn how to create a fabulous dome ring showpiece using the incredibly strong PMC Sterling. Learn all the tips and tricks to make a ring that is both durable and comfortable, plus ways to save on clay material.
Hattie will show you step-by-step the process of creating her foolproof basic hollow ring plus inspiring ideas to get you creating an unique ring of your own.
Listen as Ms. Sanderson answers questions from the audience during the LIVE presentation.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- Accurate sizing methods for PMC Sterling rings
- Mandrel preparation & guidelines
- Ring design & templates
- Creating a secret message and/or makers mark
- How to burn out binder and cork/wood
- Preparing a steel mesh cage and firing vessel
- Loading ring for successful firing
- How to measure the carbon depth
- Reduction firing
- Removing sizing insert
- Removing oxide layer
- Tips for creating a beautiful finish
- PMC Sterling Metal Clay - project uses approximately 13-18 grams
- Basic metal clay tools
- Ring sizer
- Ring mandrel (straight mandrel such as MultiMandrel™ or home
made from dowel rod)
- HattieS® Patties™ ring sizing insert in finished size
- HattieS® Ring Forming Strips (or other non porous, thin paper)
- Polymer clay
- HattieS® Embossed Effects texture mat (#Texture 2)
- HattieS® Texture Mat (#55100)
- 2 part silicone mold compound
- Cork Clay or Wood Clay
- 2 mm drill bit
- 2 HattieS® Drying Mats
- Activated coconut carbon
- Steel firing vessel
- Fiber blanket
- 80 mesh steel screen
- Rotary tool
- Rotary tool heads of choice (AdvantEdge® medium grit, 3M 400 grit
radial bristle disk, steel brush)
Included is a class handout filled with photos, notes and all the resource information you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.