Learn to Make this Spectacular Ring in Metal Clay
Ms. Simon has created a spectacular new metal clay ring she is calling, The UFO Ring! It’s definitely out of this world.
It combines a substantial LENTIL BEAD with a brilliant cut CZ, adding PEARLS and some of Barbara’s amazing TEXTURES and FINISHES.
All of this set on on PMCPro shank. Woo Hoo!
Watch as Barbara walks you through step-by-step exactly what you need to know to create your own fabulous ring! .
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- How to size your ring shank to fit
- Setting a brilliant cut CZ
- Combining different Metal Clays
- How-To make a "seamless" seam
- Learn to create small cups to hold pearl embellishments
- Plus, tips and tricks for texturing and finishing
- Work surface
- Rolling pin
- Craft knife
- Dehydrator or convection oven
- Kiln shelf
- Stainless steel container with lid
- Activated carbon
- Steel ring mandrel
- Padded pliers
- Large plastic Easter egg
- Large hemisphere mold
- Circular template or compass
- Sheet of 220 wet/dry emery paper
- V-shape carving tool
- Small, semi-stif paint brush
- Drill bits, one #65, and one #38
- Snake or worm roller (optional)
- Dapping punch or similar ball-end tool about 6mm
- Plastic wrap
- circular cookie cutter about 10mm diameter
- Emery board
- Chain nose pliers
- Wire nippers
- Silver darkener or liver of sulphur
- Fine steel wool, 0000
Included is a class handout with notes and all the resource information you need to get started.