Learn to Make Polymer Clay Faux Ivory, Jade, Lapis, Turquoise and More
Watch international award-winning polymer clay artist Mags Bonham, and learn how to create faux Ivory, Jade, Lapis, Turquoise and more from polymer clay.
PLUS Mags will show you how to use the Silhouette™ studio software to layout your design and cut your polymer clay to create a faux ivory inlay box.
BONUS a downloadable Pasta Machine Comparison Chart that will help you figure out the right setting on your machine, PLUS a cutter settings chart for your Silhouette that will take the guesswork out of the settings process.
Also included for FREE two design files, that Mags uses to cut her clay, that are ready to use on your own machine. And don't worry if you DON'T have a cutting machine, jpgs of the template to use for hand cutting are also included.
Learn step-by-step her custom polymer clay recipes to use in endless jewelry applications or larger objects of your choice, like these beautiful boxes. Use these skills to create the look of all kinds of ancient relics of your own.
See how you can use the new Silhouette Curio™ machine to cut raw polymer clay! This machine can cut much thicker than previous machines, and is a great tool for anyone who wants to make customizable intricate cuts.
It's also great for anyone who does production. Need to cut 100 small shapes? This is a machine for you!
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.
Included with the video download is a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the online resources you need to get started.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
No experience necessary.
- Using polymer clay to replicate ivory/bone, lapis, jade, and turquoise
- Basic overview of the the new Silhouette Curio™machine. Using Silhouette’s Studio software to design and plan elements to cut
- Setting up the Silhouette Curio™ to cut polymer clay
- Cutting polymer clay with the Silhouette Curio™
- Finishing Techniques
- Premo Polymer Clay
- Basic Polymer Clay Tools
- Gold Metal Leaf
- Mini Chopper (optional)
- Pasta/Clay Conditioning Machine
- Smooth Work Surface
- Silhouette Curio™, platforms, and cutting mat
- Silhouette Deep-Cut Blade
- Silhouette Studio® Software
- Metal Cutters or Form to Create Box Shape
- Ceramic Tiles
- Smooth Paper or Unlined Index Cards
- Mag's Finishing Tools
Included with the video download is a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.