Learn to Make Polymer Bangles and Cuffs with Debbie Carlton
"Making Bangles and Cuffs using polymer clay, the ultimate blank canvas." ~Debbie Carlton
Watch this jam packed instructive LIVE webinar and learn from award winning jewelry artist, Debbie Carlton, everything you need to know to start creating polymer bangles and cuffs of your own.
Ms. Carlton demostrates lots of tricks and techniques so you will be able to create your own bangles and cuffs in no time.
Whether you’ve been wanting to try this amazing and colorful material, or you want to pick up some tips from a pro, this class is for you.
Debbie Carlton teaches introductory and advanced classes for both metal clay (PMC or Art Clay Silver) and polymer clay from her workshop in North West London. Her approach to both her work and teaching is to share her knowledge, create beautiful and wearable objects, to constantly evolve with new ideas in her own practice and to inspire others to do the same.
- Clay, tools and supplies needed
- Clay conditioning and basics
- How-to create a variety of canes, including lace, spiral and stacked
- Creating beautiful effects combining gold leaf with Mokume Gane
- Picking and prepping your bracelet armature
- Making polymer veneers
- How-to create the perfect fit template
- how-to bake polish and finish your piece
- A selection of metallic polymer clays; transluscents, pearls, black and white and colours of your choice (I use Premo and Pardo).
- tissue blade
- needle tool
- wet and dry sandpaper - 400,600,800 grit
- metal clay 10 grams, Art Clay Silver or PMC3
- teflon sheet
- Sherri Haab’s Paste Maker
- badger balm
- standing pads
- patina gel
- cookie cutters
- templates, stencils, textures
Included is a class handout filled with photos, notes and all the resource information you need to get started.