Learn to Make a Lily Pendant and Earrings with Melissa Muir
Have you ever tried bending metal into graceful shapes and tubes and ended up with a piece for the recycling pile???
Melissa Muir to the rescue!
Learn how you can get smooth bends in any metal every time.
Melissa will show you close-up her techniques and tricks for working with a swage block and hammers to get graceful bends that you can use to create a variety of shapes.
Discover how you can make a beautiful Lily Pendant and coordinating earrings, starting with your choice of metal.
See step-by-step how to cut, anneal, bend, hammer and finish a beautiful pendant and earrings.
No need to struggle.
Add this technique to your metalsmithing skill set now!
No experience necessary.
BONUS ~ Included is also a bonus video on how to make a Pea Pod Pendant.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- Measuring and cutting metal
- Annealing metal
- Using a swage block
- Creating metal cones and tubes
- Using a cross peen hammer
- Creating perfect metal seams
- Creating embellishments
- Textures and patinas
- 28 - 24 gauge sterling silver or copper dead soft sheet – 1 ½” x 6”
- 18 – 20 gauge sterling dead soft silver wire – 18 inches
- Seed beads (optional)
- Round beads (8 - 10mm)
- Straight shop shears or jewelers saw
- Permanent marker
- Files: hand, needle
- 3M Micro finishing film or Sandpaper in various grits
- Wire cutters
- Anvil or Bench block
- Forming/swage block (wood, plastic or steel)
- Cross peen/narrow raising hammer (Steel or plastic)
- Goldsmith’s or planishing hammer
- Center punch
- Tumbler (optional)
- Patina solution if desired
- Small butane torch
- Soldering surface
- Insulated cross locking tweezers
- Quench bowl
- Pickle & Pickle pot
- Tumbler or soft brass brush
- Rubber Cement or white glue
Included in your purchase is the FULL recording of the entire LIVE class plus a PDF with links to tools, supplies and online resources..
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.