Learn to make an alluring Resin Cabochon Metal Clay Ring with Patrik Kusek
Learn from award winning metal clay artist, Patrik Kusek, how to make a textured metal clay ring with an alluring resin cast cabochon in this LIVE class recording.
Watch Patrik demonstrate the techniques you need to know to make your own ring and custom colored resin “gem”. Whether you want to expand your metal clay techniques or want to start experimenting with colorful resin, this class is for you.
PLUS, hear Patrik's LIVE Q&A with students.
Patrik's unique vision for his jewelry designs have won praise from jewelry collectors internationally. His experience in the worlds of design and fashion helped shape his creative vision and brand. He is a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising and The Academy of Art University. He worked as a Fashion Stylist at Macy's San Francisco and was the owner and Creative Director of Wallop Design Group, a graphic design and branding company.
He currently is able to pursue his passion as a jewelry artist and instructor. He teaches metal clay workshops internationally. He is one of 9 senior instructors for Rio Grande and teaches PMC certification workshops nation wide. He was a featured artist on HGTV's "That's Clever." Patrik's work has been published in numerous books and publications. He is also the recipient of the 2007 Saul Bell Award 1st place in PMC. He is author of Woodland Chic: Metal Clay Jewelry as Nature Intended. Patrik was recently featured in Ornament Magazine.
- How to make and use flexible clay
- How to make metal clay carve "like buttah"
- Making resin cabochons that glow
- What to embed in resin to create glowing effects
- Finishing resin to a unique frosted look.
- Using hardware store finds to add color to resin
- Basic Metal Clay Tool Kit
- Dockyard Carver U-Gouge 1.5mm
- Exacto Knife
- ring mandrel
- Food scrapers
- Report Cover
- Hattie’s Ring Template “A”
- Resin - UV or 2 Part, UV needs UV Lamp
- Paint Swatch and gold leaf
- 3M Tri-M-Ite Imperial Polishing Paper
- 400 grit and 600 grit
- PMC+ 28 grams or PMC3
Included is a PDF with class notes, template guide and all the resource links you need to get started.