Learn to Create Scenic Pendants with 3 Metal Clays
Join master metal clay artist and instructor Pam East and learn how to create a stunning scenic pendant using silver, copper, and bronze metal clays.
Enjoy over three hours of video instruction as Ms. East shows you all step-by-step!
Learn all the tricks and techniques you need to know to create, fire successfully, and finish all three metals, using them in one unique pendant design.
Watch close-up and see how to build your layers for the most eye-catching designs.
Then see how to leave the layers free hanging or rivet them together to create different looks.
You will also learn two different ways Pam uses to make and attach a bail; a bridge bill with dynamic movement and a tab bale.
Whether you are a metal clay beginner or have wanted to learn more about mixing metal clays, this class is for you!
BONUS Learn the secret weapon for successful riveting, plus making and using a sanding stick and a look at failure pieces and how to avoid them!
Included in your purchase is a PDF with notes and online resources.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.
- Basic clay handling skills
- Working with Silver, Bronze and Copper Clays
- Creating small elements and scenes
- Making bails
- Firing mixed metals both separately and combined
- Finishing techniques
- Riveting Bonus
- 20g Art Clay Silver
- 2g Art Clay Silver Paste (clean, not reconstituted)
- 5g Art Clay Silver Syringe
- 20g Art Clay Copper
- 20g Art Clay Bronze
- 2mm Embeddable eyelets
- 6mm, 18g Sterling Jump rings (2)
- Template (FSP- Stacked Pendant)
- Texture Stamp (FS-718 Chrysanthemum Burst Inverse)
- 3D Nail Art Molds (tiny cactus, Dolphin, moon and stars, etc)
- Graduated Slats
- 10mil report covers
- Needle tool
- Fine brushes: Round #0 (Qty 3, one per metal) Bright #2 (Qty 3, one per metal)
- Double ended metal spatula
- Release agent (olive oil, etc)
- Distilled water
- Clean toothbrush
- Nail Brush
- Greenware Sanding tools (Sanding pads, files, sandpaper, etc) – 3 sets, one per metal
- Disposable make up applicators: Eyeshadow foam tip (at least 3) Eyeliner (a dozen)
- Metal firing pan
- Acid washed coconut carbon
- Kiln posts (1/2” to 1”)
- Agate burnisher (blade tip)
- Ball tip burnishers or embossing tools
- Tropical Shine Blue and Pink
- Flash shiner – (Qty 3, one per metal)
- Rotary Tool (Dremel, Flex Shaft, Nail Drill): Finishing wheels, Micro Fiber Wheels, Silicone Polishers Kit, #51 Drill bit (1.63mm) – Or Metal Clay Findings Riveting Tool
- NoName Patina Prep
- Black Max
- Disposable gloves
- Chain nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
Included with the video download, a PDF with notes and all the resources you need to get started.