Hinged Bracelet with Translucent Polymer Clay
Time to create with Translucent Polymer Clay and master polymer clay artist Anke Humpert!
Working with translucent polymer clay can give you some amazing results, and Anke is here to show you exactly what you need to now to get results from this type of polymer clay.
Watch and learn how to prep your clay, then see how to achieve alluring layered colors and patterns that accent the transparency of the finished bracelet.
And if you have wondered how to get your clay to “glow”, Anke will show you some fun ideas that will get you “Glowing” under your next black light!
Finishing with adding some closures and you are good to go!
Bonus Video Included: Anke shows you how to create a square hinged bracelet using another hinge approach. Lots of creative possibilities.
Don’t miss this special presentation!!
Included in your purchase is a PDF with photos, notes and online resources plus a class video to watch as many times as you like.
No experience necessary.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
- Translucent clay 101
- Adding color to translucent clay with alcohol inks
- Playful patterns in translucent clay
- Night glow patterns (with black light)
- Assembling pieces
- premo Sculpey® Accents Translucent
- premo Sculpey® Accents White Translucent
- Alcohol Inks (I like the Ranger Inks), 2 or more colors
- A smooth even work surface (a tile or a sheet of glass with paper under it)
- Polymer clay dedicated oven with thermometer
- Tile to bake on
- Clay dedicated pasta machine
- White index cards or white card stock
- pen and ruler
- 1 or 2 sheets of deli paper
- paper towel
- blades: 1 normal clay blade, wavy blade (optional)
- acrylic roller
- needle tool
- ball pointed embossing tool
- small craft knife ( Exacto style)
- bone folder or expired credit card or similar
- sculpting tools with silicon tips (optional)
- assortment of cutters in small size: Kemper cutter and/ or cookie cutters
- glass jar (should be your bracelet size) or soda can
- wire ( I used copper wire), 1mm or gauge 18
- jewellery pliers: flush cutter
- Hinge template (will be provided as a print out)
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.