Fold Forming: The Art of Folding and Bending Metal
Watch and learn from metal smith artist Melissa Muir the fascinating technique of fold forming. If you have wondered about this metal smithing technique, this is the class for you.
Charles Lewton-Brain is credited with inventing fold forming, a metal smithing technique recognized as an original innovation in metal working. I call it a bit of metal magic.
Watch as Melissa shows you step-by-step how to fold and hammer a flat piece of metal into beautiful organic shapes and how-to to create earrings and a cuff from the fold formed pieces.
BONUS Learn how to make earrings to complete your fold forming look!
You will easily get addicted to the possibilities this art form provides.
Just be ready to be amazed.
Don’t miss this special presentation!
No experience necessary.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.
- Various type of fold forming effects
- Picking the right type of fold for the project
- Metal preparation
- Forging techniques
- Shaping bracelet or earrings
- Shaping and strengthening metal
- Finishing techniques
- Copper: 28 - 18 gauge, 6 1/2” x 2” (Other lengths and widths can also be used)
- Sterling: 20 Gauge round wire for ear wires
- Hard silver solder
- Annealing surface
- Soldering pad
- Charcoal block
- Pumice and annealing pan
- Insulated tweezers or tongs
- Quench bowl with water
- Large crock pots or bowls work great for this
- Rawhide/nylon/leather mallet
- Planishing hammer (or other flat faced hammer)
- Steel block
- Knife or flat tool to open the folds after annealing
- Straight shop shears
- Bracelet Mandrel (oval or round)
BONUS Watch and learn how to make earrings to complete your fold forming look!
Included in your purchase is the FULL recording of the entire LIVE class, plus a PDF with photos, notes and online resources.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.