Felted and Enameled: Colorful Copper Flower Brooches
Join über-talented multi media artist Jennifer Field and learn how to create this whimsical felted and enameled flower brooches.
Jennifer is a master at color and material combinations.
Ms. Field will show you step-by-step how to form a domed copper flower center and then how to enamel the copper center piece in a color of your choice. And the color choices are endless!
Watch as she demonstrates basic wet and needle felting techniques to turn wool fleece into 3 dimensional flower creations that you can turn into a brooch or incorporate into your other jewelry creations.
Creating colorful fun pieces with a bit of felt and some enamel color is a great way to learn some basic techniques in both areas.
April showers “and Jennifer Field” will bring May flowers.
Don’t miss out making your own bouquet.
No experience necessary.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.
- Texturizing, piercing and hammer forming copper dome
- Kiln Enameling copper dome
- Wet Felting sheet felt
- Cutting and reshaping flower petals
- Needle Felting flower center and details
- Cold Connection Techniques
- 3x3" 20 gauge copper sheet
- Sharp metal cutters
- Hole punches
- Ball peen hammer
- Sand bag or large dapping block
- Torch to anneal copper
- Flat and round nosed pliers
- Thompson med expansion enamels
- Klyr Fire
- Steel kiln trivet or wire screen
- Kiln capable of reaching 1500 degrees
- 2oz wool fleece batt
- Sushi/bamboo mat
- Olive oil soap
- Tray to contain water
- Sharp scissors
- Felting foam
- 3 #40 felting needles
- Bath towel
- Tapestry needle
- Embroidery floss
Included in your purchase is the FULL recording of the entire LIVE class, plus a PDF with photos, notes and online resources.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.