Creating 3D Polymer Shapes
Learn to create beads similar to those in this show stopper necklace made from polymer clay that incorporate design, color, style and DIMENSION!
Join award-winning artist Melanie Muir and learn how to add twists, turns and dimension to polymer, and discover the techniques needed to create shapes to make necklaces, brooches, or earrings.
Watch how Melanie uses templates to make asymmetrical beads in any style.
Discover how-to create seamless 'frames' and borders around your key pattern areas.
Once you've learned Melanie's technique, you can incorporate a variety of other techniques to cover your beads, including:
- Polymer canes: How to Create Stunning Polymer Canes with Sarah Shriver
- Skinner blends: Creating Faux Batik on Polymer with Lisa Pavelka
- Or Melanie's own mokume gane taught in her Rock Cuff Bracelets class.
They all work beautifully with 3D Polymer Shapes!
The possibilities of shapes and designs are endless. See how to incorporate just one shape into everything from necklaces, pendants, cuffs and earrings.
Plus, included with purchase, a PDF filled with notes, photos, and resource links with everything you need to know to get started.
*BONUS* Melanie will give you a sneak peek at her custom made templates that are now available for purchase.
Basic polymer clay skills are suggested.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- Creating asymmetrical beads
- Personalizing your shapes
- Working with templates
- Working with molds
- Baking how-to instructions
- How to finish your piece like a pro
- Polymer Clay
- Piece of thick glass (at least 10cm x 10cm wide, approx 5mm thick, edges made safe)
- Smooth work surface
- Pasta machine
- Fine permanent marker
- Tissue blades
- Needle tool or ﬁne knitting needle
- Scrap clay
- Liquid Polymer Clay
- Kato Repel Gel
- Glass jar
- Acrylic roller
- Texture Sheets
- Cutting templates
- Layout/Rag Paper
- Polyester Wadding
- Small sharp scissors
- Clay Shaper/Modeling Tools
- Wet n dry sandpapers
- Super glue gel
Included in your purchase is a PDF of class notes filled with notes, links and online resources.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.