Color on Metal with Cold Connections
Join renowned metalsmith Helen Driggs and learn how to add a splash of vibrant color to your jewelry metal!
Discover the formula and how to apply a secret sauce to prepare the metal, before adding rich layers of color on aluminum, copper or brass. Watch as Helen shows you how to create decorative rivets to accent your 3D design. Sawing, riveting and tab fabrication techniques will be covered to help you complete your original design.
Don’t worry if you can’t draw, as a BONUS, Helen will show you her fool-proof way to apply designs that you can color and then accent with a touch of gold bling!
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
No experience necessary.
- coloring on jewelry metal
- preparing metal for color
- cold connections using hand tools
- sheet metals: aluminum or copper
- wire for riveting with or commercial rivets
- Sharpie marker
- Prismacolor brand pencils and/or artist's oil pastels
- hole punch
- steel block
- jeweler’s saw frame and 3/0 blades and/or disc cutter
- metal snips
- awl or sharp scribe
- assortment of pliers
- wire cutters
- sanding sticks
- drill and drill bits (hand or motor)
Included in your purchase is the FULL recording of the entire LIVE class to watch over and over again, plus a PDF with notes and online resources.
Please note: PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.