Book Lockets: A Library of Possibilities in Metal Clay
Enjoy this exciting and instructive webinar and learn from award winning metal clay artist, Wanaree Tanner, how to make unique custom book lockets in metal clay.
Ms. Tanner will show you step-by-step the construction techniques you need to create a custom textured hinged book locket that opens and closes.
Wanaree will use COPPRclay for this demonstration, a wonderful affordable clay, then use these techniques for all the metal clay choices.
Watch a jam packed class of close up videos and process pictures. Pause and play the recording, and work along at your own pace.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- Tools and supplies
- COPPRclay overview and firing tips
- Making a custom texture using a common household item
- Using a mitar box to create perfect corners
- The Secret of the Self-Contained Hinge" revealed
- Creating seamless corner connections
- Constructing a free swinging bail
- PLUS, how to finish your piece so it stands out
- 100g COPPRclaySherri Haab’s Paste Maker Solution
- small copper chain (approximately 2mm links)
- 8g copper wire
- 24g-26g copper ﬂat head pin
- miter box
- basic metal clay tools and supplies
Included is a 32 page PDF filled with class notes, firing guide and all the resources you need.