Book It: Connecting it All
Learn from Master Stuff Smith, Robert Dancik, how to create booklets for a variety of purposes using faux bone; creating a variety of hinges, hooks and other connections.
Learn to connect your pieces using movable hinges, functional hooks, and an assortment of rivets and eyelets.
Robert will show you step-by-step the process of creating with faux bone; how to treat, finish, and connect this material in a variety of ways.
Learn the technical skills behind these one of a kind pieces an get started creating your own unique work of art.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases
as many times as you like.
- tools and supplies
- how-to cut, carve, saw, hammer, polish, drill, stamp, inlay, and dye, faux bone
- texturing, finishing, and creating unique surfaces
- how to make movable hinges to create book covers that open and close
- creating and adding polymer clay embellishments
- ideas and techniques for making secure cold connections
- alternative ways to combine the clays, metal and polymer,
- design tips for making your pieces stand out
- faux bone
- basic metal smithing tools
- ephemera artwork
- polymer clay for embellishments
- wire for rivets and connections
Included is a class handout filled with notes and all the resource information you need to get started.
The full recording and a PDF handout of resources and links is included.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.