Art Nouveau Inspired Designs in Metal Clay
Learn from master metal clay artist Lis-el Crowley how to create Art Nouveau inspired designs in metal clay.
Watch Lis-el as she demonstrates how to form elegant, tapered coils in metal clay which will be combined with faceted fire able gemstones or fused dichroic glass to create unique designs with an art nouveau flair.
Lis-el covers the best practices for rolling, forming and joining coils in a variety of ways. These techniques can be incorporated into your own metal clay designs, enhancing your personal vision. Plus how to use her bezel making templates for an easy way to set your stones.
Lis-el will also discuss proper firing and demonstrate her preferred methods of tumbling, applying patina and achieving a final finish.
BONUS Videos include: Making Round Cut and Square cut Bezels!
Plus a pdf template of art nouveau designs to get you started included in the handout.
No experience necessary.
Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
- Creating bezels for faceted gemstones
- Coil rolling
- Shaping and joining coils
- Incorporating fused glass into a piece
- Refining and embellishing designs
- Polishing and Finishing
- Art Clay Silver Fine Silver Clay - 25 grams minimum
- Work Surface
- Cool Slip
- Acrylic coil roller
- Faceted fireable gemstone
- Stone setting template to match gemstone
- Thickness frames
- Golden taklon round size 6 watercolor brush
- Clay pik
- Work Card
- Sanding Pad, Tray and Dust Brush
- Clay Hydrator (optional)
- Rolling Pin
Included with the video download, a PDF filled with photos, notes and all the resources you need to get started.