Watch master metal embossing artist, Elitia Hart, and learn how to emboss sheet metal and create this stunning panel to cover a box or show off in a frame.
What better project to celebrate the arrival of Spring than creating a cheery vase filled with Daisies!
In this class, participants will learn all the skills needed to create this project from start to finish.
Techniques demonstrated include:
- transferring your design onto the metal sheet
- three key metal embossing tooling techniques: engraving, low relief, and high relief
- how to easily add a neat raised background level to frame your design
- how to fill high embossed areas to retain the relief
- applying a chemical solution to create an overall patina and additional techniques to enhance design details
- options for the application of color
- turning your metal embossing piece into wall art or a trinket box cover
If you haven’t heard of or tried this fun and creative medium, join us and learn all about the possibilities.
A PDF handout is included with class purchase containing a design sheet to print out as well as a complete list of substitution suggestions for supplies as well as coloring and finishing options.