Sculpted Stone Setting in Metal Clay
Join master metal clay artist, Corina Gheorghe, LIVE Online, Saturday, October 30th at 10 AM EDT, and learn how to sculpt a stunning ring complete with a hand-carved four-prong setting that shows off a faceted gem.
Take your metal clay skills to the next level as Corina shows you step-by-step how to create this advanced type of gem setting using metal clay.
Learn to sculpt a traditional-looking setting or use the full potential of metal clay’s versatility to create a state-of-the-art unique setting.
Complete the project by learning how to successfully fire together two types of silver, .999 and .925, PLUS finishing tips and techniques for adding a mirror polish finish.
AND Corina will be taking live questions from participants.
Included in your purchase is a PDF with notes and online resources. Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.
- Perfect stone setting in .999 silver clay
- Dividing and designing the carving area
- Holding the craft knife correctly
- Carving the stone setting
- Creating the effect of sparkling stones on ring shank
- Correctly firing the stone setting and the base ring
- 7-10g 925 silver clay (Art Clay Siver+Art Clay Copper or PMC925)
- 7-10g 999 silver clay
- 4-8 mm fire-able stone
- Basic metal clay tools
- Tools for firing with activated carbon
- Polishing papers 400 - 8000 grit
Included with the video download, a PDF with notes the resource links you need to get started.