Making Modern Polymer Clay Brooches and Pins
Join master polymer clay artist Anke Humpert, LIVE online, January 22nd at 10 AM, ET, and learn how to create modern polymer clay brooches and pins you will love to wear or make as gifts.
Anke is brilliant at making polymer clay look fresh, modern, and graphic. If you have wanted to try polymer, and love a colorful graphic approach, or want to expand your skill set, you will love the possibilities of making these modern brooches.
Watch Anke close-up and learn her techniques for making and designing an assortment of shapes and combinations. See how she starts with a simple shape then adds layers of color, dimensional shapes, plus unique graphic marks creating a stunning modern painting-like brooch.
Anke also demonstrates finishing techniques as well how to create your own unique pin back findings that blend in seamlessly to your piece.
These techniques are adaptable to a variety of styles.
Imagine all the color and design possibilities.
BONUS Anke shows how to create 3 other asymmetrical pin shapes that will inspire even more possibilities.
AND Anke will be taking live questions from participants.
Included in your purchase is a PDF with notes and online resources.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.
No experience necessary.
- creating custom templates
- texturing clay and enhancing textures
- building a floating insert and a frame
- custom wire needles for the pin
- altering the design with different colors and shapes
- Work surface – glass or ceramic tile
- Clay dedicated pasta or Clay Condition machine
- 1 pack of white clay, 1-2 packs of black clay, small amounts of coloured clay (your choice), about 1 pack of scrap clay (dark colour mix) and liquid clay (translucent)
- Clay blade
- Needle tool
- Craft or “xacto” knife
- Acrylic roller
- Ceramic tiles in small sizes
- flush cutter pliers
- round nose pliers
- jewellery file
- texture tools
Included with the video download, a PDF with notes and all the resource links you need to get started.