Learn to make a Hinged Metal Clay Cuff
Join master metal clay artist, Tracey Spurgin, LIVE Online, October 2nd, 10 AM EDT, and learn how to make an elegantly designed hinged cuff bracelet from metal clay.
Tracey will show you step by step everything you need to know to create your own hinged cuff. First, learn the important steps in creating your design and then how to calculate shrinkage for a perfect fit.
Ms. Spurgin will demonstrate how to create eye-catching fold-forming centers for each cuff section.
Then watch and learn how to fabricate hinges, a great technique to add to your metal clay skillset.
Tracey will complete the project by adding embeddable closures, PLUS her tips for firing, polishing, and riveting.
AND Tracey will be taking live questions from participants.
Included in your purchase is a PDF with notes and online resources. Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.
- Planning Design
- Shrinkage calculating
- Creating templates
- Making cuff section frames
- Creating textured fold-formed centers
- Making hinges
- Creating a clasp and lobster clasp
- Soldering on a safety chain
- Adding patina
- Art Clay silver 950
- Art Clay Paste or syringe
- Small sterling silver safety chain
- Sterling silver lobster or bolt clasp
- Embeddable fine silver screw eye
- Paste Solder
- 10cm length of 0.8mm (18 gauge) sterling silver wire
Included with the video download, a PDF with notes and all the resource links you need to get started.