A Fused Metal Clay and Glass Pendant
Join multi-talented artist, Barbara Arrants, LIVE online, Saturday, February 12th at 10:00 AM and learn how to make this stunning “Fused” Metal Clay and Glass Pendant.
In this class, you’ll learn how to work with finely detailed molds to create intricate metal clay overlays. Then watch close-up and learn how to fuse your metal clay to a store-bought glass pendant bead.
The possibilities are endless and Barbara will share with you her tips and techniques for combining these two materials for a unique pendant.
Barbara shows you how to use craft paper punches and paper clay to embed silver into small flat glass beads for another fun look.
PLUS, if you are making your own Murano lamp worked beads, you’ll love learning one more way to embellish with metal clay silver.
AND Barbara will be taking live questions from participants.
Included in your purchase is a PDF with notes and online resources. Please note: the PDF is not a stand-alone instructional booklet.
You can re-watch all your CRAFTCAST purchases as many times as you like.
- Working with delicate molds
- Tips for choosing a fondant mat
- Troubleshooting delicate greenware
- Polishing tips for intricate details
- Tips for choosing glass
- Properties of glass & definitions
- Working with glass in a kiln
- Firing ramps, soaking and annealing times
- Polishing silver and glass together
- Safety tips for glass
- Fondant “lace” mold
- PMC Flex Silver Clay (or EZ960 Sterling)
- Aluminum clay spreader
- 18-25mm Flat Glass Bead
- General metal clay tools
- Metal clay slip/paste
- Distilled water
- Small files or rifflers
- 14-18 gauge silver wire (or embeddable bails)
- Thin fire kiln paper
- Programmable kiln
Learn how to create Fused Metal Clay and Glass earrings to go along with your pendant.