Adding Custom Color Designs to Metal Clay with Helga van LeipsigWednesday October 19, 2011
Metal Clay jewelry artist, Helga van Leipsig will show you her innovative new way of applying custom color decals to your metal clay and fine silver jewelry projects.
Learn the how-to behind this technique, borrowed from the ceramic industry, that uses custom made water-slide decals to add vivid graphic color to your metal clay pieces.
“Pieces made with this technique have a different look then, for example, enamel. It opens another array of applying color or graphic work on jewellery. It can be an excellent way of developing a production line.” ~ Helga van Leipsig
COVERED IN THIS CLASS RECORDING
• When to choose this technique
• Choosing decals and the differences to consider
• How to prepare the digital files to create customized decals
• Where to purchase and order supplies
• How to prepare metal surfaces for a perfect transfer experience
• Transferring tips and tricks for a professional result
• PLUS lots of examples of this technique that will inspire you to
Learn to make and apply graphic decals
Learn to add accent color to customize your own designs
Create a colorful selections of pieces you love
Add custom design and color where you want it
Don’t miss this learning all about this innovative new technique.
Expand your Metal Clay creative possibilities.
Included with the cost is a PDF of class resources.
Helga van Leipsig lives and works in The Netherlands, and is known as “La Leipsig”. Her jewellery education started at the Academy of Arts in Maastricht, The Netherlands. She creates one of a kind and limited edition jewelry that she sells through her website www.laleipsigjewels.com and a few galleries.